UDB: Marcuto vs Mamba UDB: Marcuto vs Mamba

Animation is really well done but I'm concerned about some of the music rights. SFX are pretty loud, specifically the chat SFX, and I would like if the chat boxes were somewhere in the vein of DBZ Buu's fury. Clean and smooth borders, small relative to the screen. I'm interested in what actually happened between these two. Have you done story episodes before?

Jozarto responds:

I've noted and made desired changes. The song I used is a non copyrighted track made by a Youtube channel that does non copyrighted tracks for free. Not sure if I remember the name, but I can search it up.

Yes, I have done story episodes in the past. They are all on Youtube, but the animation was mediocre and very old. I might remaster the earlier episodes. If you want a link to the beginning of the series, I can provide that.

CHEER UP SLEEPY NEET (neet 71) CHEER UP SLEEPY NEET (neet 71)

This is funny. Very dada-ist. Shouldn't the title be "cheer up sleepy meat"? Since the NEET looks like meat, hahah. Interesting.

UDB: Villainous Leroy vs Jozarto UDB: Villainous Leroy vs Jozarto

Great animation, but you shouldn't use music that isn't on Newgrounds! I also didn't like how the characters were seemingly in the DBZ universe based on the theme, but the sprites had just been recolored -- even using voice clips and SFX. Not saying there can't be other races in DBZ that we haven't discovered, but I've never seen a black Namekian before. I'm not well-versed in the lore of your particular world so it had me scratching my head.

Jozarto responds:

Well the Namekian isn't an OC that was exclusively made by me. A friend of mine made him up and sent him my way, along with the sprite. Apparently he was green at first, then he absorbed all of his brothers and his skin faded to brown. Personally I don't care for that lore myself, but it's whatever.

The voice clips were done by original actors I employed. Logan Felice, Terrance Nicholson, and more.

Regarding the sprites themselves, none of them are recolors outside of the Namekian, which I remind you, I had nothing to do with his creation. The rest are originals made by me or someone else.

The main cause for your confusion, is the fact that just about all of these characters were initially created in Dragonball Xenoverse, which allows weird color options.

Adventure Of Gabriel (Official) beta Adventure Of Gabriel (Official) beta

The quality of this beta is awful. Character can't even jump. Menu music sounds like it was recorded with a potato, and not even really written. Character halfway blends into the sky. Half a star for programming.

Space Shooters Space Shooters

Decent little space shooter. Problems, part of the game goes off the display, like the restart button. The background also is clearly tiled. Ship design is a little weird. Low contrast, more so.

Fidget Spinner XL Fidget Spinner XL

Oddly relaxing, although I'd like if they slowed down rather than seizured into forever.

Counterbalance (Bandstep Remix) Counterbalance (Bandstep Remix)

Writing is good. As usual with Musescore, sound quality could really use work. This writing is far improved from your earlier pieces. I'd still like to see more harmony going on, and not just parallel moving octaves and 5ths! That's your biggest weakness. Also, the transition to pianissimo dynamic was a little unexpected. Develop that some more, if it takes a couple more phrases, w/e.

Again, you're showing a lot of promise, but some of your choices transitionally show a little inexperience. What I'd love is to hear an ensemble play this so I can hear more than the synth instruments projecting much less than you've actually written.

Desistance (Original Mix) Desistance (Original Mix)

Danceable, but could use a little more compositional variety. I realize house is sometimes antithetical to that, but what makes a good song is not the genre – it's the defiance of that. I'd like to see some of the chordal tones you exemplified in that drop hinted out in the buildups rather than just a drone. Speaking of, your use of an otherwise tame sample is well mixed, and your treatment of the bass is well done. I do feel like the track as a whole is really overcompressed and fattened. The bass feels like it's clipping. Try to minimize the frequency conflict between your kick and other instruments. Side-chain can only do so much.

I also feel like it's side-chained a bit too hard. There seems to be a lot less flow than you intended with those nice pads. Kick is also very tame to be side-chaining as hard as you are. I'm hearing a thwip rather than a thoom or a thump, if you catch my drift. It doesn't really fill the room.

Good work, though. This is certainly within the realm of dance floor blow-out.

KaixoMusic responds:

Thanks for the great feedback!! I'll take everything into consideration in my next song, which will be a Future Bass I think :D

EDIT: Nope, no Future Bass... Complextro.

XS - Aurelius (NGADM '17) XS - Aurelius (NGADM '17)

Lots of very synthy sounds, like your guitar, which detract from otherwise pretty good production. I feel like those vocal chops could come down a bit and your drums come up. The hat feels a little dry. The wubbings are pretty chill and satisfying but need some more presence against the guitar and other elements while present. Drums are also just a little bit too subdued. I do laud you for not sounding like everything else I've heard in the past 5 years.

The harmonics on those vocal chops had me scratching my head for a second. Composition in this piece seems well structured but also very restrained. It could certainly be much more rhythmically binding, interesting, and varied. I hear a lot of the same. This is a popular convention of the chorus, but it doesn't really live up to the hype. Also, could use just a bit more compression, me thinks.

Cogito ergo Sum Cogito ergo Sum

Like the attention to detail. Would have liked more color. Purple on purple makes the black a little harder to read than necessary. Different shades of purple could help.

Saminat responds:

Yeah I appreciate the feedback! I wanted to go for a picture that had the same gloomy look that Cathode Raybots had, and I've learned a few things as I did this. Mixing different shades is definitely something that I can focus on next time, thanks!

Ghoul Redesigned Ghoul Redesigned

I like it! Would give a 5 for a little more color!

h3h3 Ceramic Mug w/ Removable Beanie h3h3 Ceramic Mug w/ Removable Beanie

Ceramic mug?! Dude, this is awesome! Looks fantastic.

DETHSKULPT responds:

Yessss :D Thanks a lot... painting alone took 20 hours. I know it's not perfect but what is perfect art anyways?