All 86 art Reviews

SMUG WENDY - GIF SMUG WENDY - GIF

Whoever is responsible for this smug anime girl image Wendy has now is a marketing genius. She's practically a pop icon now. Nice gif, by the by. The little tweets evaporating is an especially nice touch.

Wendy's Wendy's

Pretty to look at, but her proportions are a little bit off. Other than being kinda pear-shaped, the arms look like one might be a little longer than the other in some places.

Death Death

I like the sense of light and dark. Her left leg looks a little deformed though.

For Shovelry For Shovelry

Not bad. Flabby skeletons is not something I expected to see today, so cheers!

Kaanari Kaanari

Good work, although some parts are sharp and others are extremely fuzzy. Lends me to believe parts of this are photograph and others are painted on.

NinaWard responds:

Hello, thank you for your comment x I used to make seamless patterns for Sims 3, I used a couple of them as overlays to help give the appearance of beading and fabric. I will try to blend in the texture effects I make better so it flows. Also I saw a tutorial on using lasso etc to mark areas for shading and adjust the light / contrast etc, I expect I wasn't great with blending that down. Still relearning a lot after a long break from portrait painting so these pointers are useful :)

Change Me Change Me

I have no critique, but I stumbled across this while judging for AIM2017. Lazy or not, I enjoyed this piece for its raw expression.

NilesCD responds:

Thank you my friend, the music is great with it isn't it? ;)

Paint the Future Paint the Future

I like it! The paint splotches on one and the detail of the pen on the other are a nice touch, as are the colorations and soft light. Check your proportions a bit though. Arms especially.

Congrats on UOTD!

Aqua Teen Hunger Table Aqua Teen Hunger Table

Cute! But Shake is missing his straw.

Leidolfr responds:

Thanks, yeah I didn't finish because I broke the table, I was gonna add the whole slew of em, frylock carl ogelthorpe and emory, etc.

naruto and sasuke draw that again meme naruto and sasuke draw that again meme

Not sure which I prefer more, as the old one looks a little rickety on line work and the new one looks a bit too smudgy and lacking contrast, while also looking better from a distance. Good stuff though!

SanfordInfected.jpg SanfordInfected.jpg

Enjoying the shading and clarity, as well as transparency. Nice work.