lia;quo「Crystal Corruption」【Nightcore Edit】 lia;quo「Crystal Corruption」【Nightcore Edit】

Yes, if it was uploaded by someone other than the original author (you), that would be precisely why it was removed!

Pleasing listen, having never heard the original, although nightcore tends to make dubsteppy basses sound shitty. Subtracting half a star for what sounds like a speed change in Audacity and not an in-DAW fix, if you still have project files. Otherwise, good.

liaquo responds:

Tragically I don't have the files anymore. My PC's SSD died due to an electrical issue. I modified it with the only files i had: Kicks and Snares.
I can't recreate the whole song and expecting the same sound so I simply did a pitch tweak.
I AM NOT a fan of Nightcore version because of the reasons you just exposed, the subbass turns into a weird +80Hz bass and the kick sounds like taken from a Speedcore track.
I uploaded this version because people requested it to play Geometry Dash.

(Fun Fact, if you make a "raw" pitch change on Audacity, you'll get an extreme echo because the central channel which contains the kick, snares, subbass and some growl basses tends to pan)

ISO-Metaljonus ISO-Metaljonus

Playing is superb. Mixing is a bit weak in places. The spacy atmospheric synths are sticking out until you get to about 57 seconds.

Writing is good. Bass could probably do with being down an octave at points but that could just be my ears. At points, it feels too loud. Others, too soft. Maybe needs a bit more grit to it. Of course, the djenting is very aggressive, panned well -- I feel there could be just a bit more aggressive distortion on the rhythm, perhaps EQ.

Your leads could probably come up a bit more in the mix and do well. Drums, particularly snare, need more grit and presence.

Overall, good work. Excited to hear the finished product!

Metaljonus responds:

Thanks! Glad ya dig it! :)

Astral Temptations Astral Temptations

Sincerely enjoyed. Takes a while to get anywhere, but so did most 80's stuff. Certainly a soothing yet eerie piece. 1:59's key change threw me off with the tom fill. After, I'd have never known the difference.

Good stuff.

AIM - Faith in Freedom AIM - Faith in Freedom

I sincerely enjoy this. Each piece, although not entirely perfect, transcends itself. It is more than the sum of its parts. Although, 1:56's perc change was a bit abrupt and uncalled for to my ears. However, it became clear later why the semi-sudden change.

I really love your arps. Perhaps not so much your basses and that female lead, although I know samples and vocalists are harder to come by -- experience. Your use of percussion so far has been sonically appropriate, dynamically, rich, and a supplement rather than a crutch to each piece. I'm impressed.

One thing I'd like to know is how you find all these sample libraries and VSTs on your budget, because I'm not far from it, running the same approximate gear, and struggling to accomplish what I desire with the tools I have.

Fantastic piece again. Keep up the great work!

SnowTeddy responds:

Thank you very much for your review :)

Some people collect cards, some collect dress, some have cars. But for me I collect sample library and VST. The hobby gradually grows larger over years. To be honest I go broke numerous times for this. Can't afford my food yet I can get a choir library. It's just that 'judgement day' that I decided to invest my poor life into this hobby of music production. That day lasted over a decade haha. Funny thing is that I barely used most of them.

But over time I also learned that I can create many of these sound with the plugin I already have. Which is kind of a bummer because you spend time looking for unique sounds and they're already available. That's where I learned sound design. And why I refuse to get shit like Nexus or UVI. A lot of stuff in here are made from the free stuff I shared on the free VST posts.

Thank you again for the review!

B0UNC3 - Blog theme B0UNC3 - Blog theme

Perfect, except that one note outside the key at the very end. I don't know how you didn't catch that the piano didn't resolve into the 1 chord but instead played an accidental. Totally ruins my experience afterward. Although an entire song shouldn't be judged by one note, it's jarring enough I did a double take to make sure it was really in the last piano note before leaving this review.

Say It Say It

Pretty cool, although the guitar samples at points just kill me with that corny twang. I adore the keys and the overall idea.

Domyeah - theory of everything 3 (remix - GDOP) Domyeah - theory of everything 3 (remix - GDOP)

Hate that opening lead. Is too damn loud, too many shrill highs. Otherwise, is okay. I do like the bass.

GDOP responds:

Sorry for that :/

chaoz airflow edicion Burger chaoz airflow edicion Burger

Sounds like a rough midi rip with some copy pasted drums and Nexus vst. Solo was fine. All of the finer points of the piece fell to the wayside in post production. Pay more attention to dynamics and fx.

ElBurger777 responds:

que tienes que ver eso. solo es una musica. oque? estas se loso?

loop loop

Interesting, but again with the strong panning. Interesting rhythm.

SimpleCubic1497 responds:

if you wanna listen to some audio that is better, check my later ones, please, by the way, thanks for feedback!

My best loop yet (version 2) My best loop yet (version 2)

Try cutting your loops in Audacity. They're not looping properly. Always render using "selection only" when you're making loops. Beyond that, I don't understand such a strong panned instrument in the left ear.

SimpleCubic1497 responds:

good idea, but since I only use FL Studio for making music and 'cause my computer cant handle more complexated programs than FL Studio, I dont really think so, by the way I used 3x OSC to create that melody and used some mixer plugins to make it more....,,good''.