All 1,039 audio Reviews

Yoe Mase - Nothing More (DEAF KEV Remix) Yoe Mase - Nothing More (DEAF KEV Remix)

I find it really interesting some of your songs here get 30k plays, while stuff like this gets ignored. I'll say one thing, your mixing is to be envied. Creates a nice sound space. Nothing particularly special about this chill little tune, but that may be part of the charm. Nothing in particular stands out, good or bad -- although that could be argued of almost all mainstream music.

Hook is good. Whole vibe is pretty chill. Chord progression sounds like a callback to Gym Class Heroes' "Stereo Hearts", a trusty standard. Melody is actually eerily reminiscent in parts.

Didn't expect the bass drop by the way. Nice stylistic change. Only thing I don't like is that there's so much variation, by the time we get used to a groove, it's gone.

Serum Synth Test Serum Synth Test

Sounds pretty good. Drums could come up a bit. Loop could be more perfect. Lead could come down just slightly.

Sound of Science Rockets (Duo Remix) Sound of Science Rockets (Duo Remix)

Enjoyed the song. Mixing is still troubling you. Specifically drums. I would side-chain them still.

Serum synths do sound good, if a little generic, and your transitions are much better. I will say, this is a proper remix and mashup in one. Although I will say people HAVE done this before. It's just quite rare. Look up DJ Earworm, but pat yourself on the back at the same time because you did more than just creatively mix up a bunch of stems.

Once you get mixing and mastering down, you'll be a fine EDM producer. We all start somewhere. :)

chris rage chris rage

Quite amusing, but I have literally no idea what's going on. Is that one of those paper guitar gizmos?

espsiongold2 responds:

no it based on a super meat boy type game called chris's rage

AIM - Love In Essence AIM - Love In Essence

The raw atmosphere of this piece draws parallels to the piece represented. I have no real critique. Even the lyrics are not superfluous, unlike a lot of other Christian pieces I've seen that just hammer home the obvious. Good work.

[AIM] Graves [AIM] Graves

Relaxing and depressing at the same time. Atmospherically pleasing. Could see this as the backing track to a horrifying realization cinematically or a desolate world thematically. Could certainly use more variation, even if that were just some shovel noises, sighs, shuffling, etc.

AIM - Beat Down AIM - Beat Down

I can definitely see the tech-y Megaman vibe. However, your instrumentation and mixing could be a lot better. A smoother lead would do much better. Perc is laying there in the mix. Could use some better compression, a bit heavier bass with more high end presence for definition, etc. Arrangement is fantastic. Your high end is just decapitating the low end.

AIM -Lazy Panda AIM -Lazy Panda

A very naked, relaxed piece. I can appreciate it. The ambient noises are what makes this shine most. Would have liked slightly more modulation on your lead.

Madze responds:

AIM - Meditation AIM - Meditation

At 1:59, there's a chord that completely sticks out of the entire composition, which could have been cleaned up digitally. Lots of little of stuff like that can quickly add up. Letting the percussion go ultimately was probably the best decision. Good work.

Ceevro responds:

Yup. Sometimes you just gotta let go.

AIM-Broken gem AIM-Broken gem

This would be alright if only it weren't distorting so badly that you can hardly tell what's going on. In this state it's hardly listenable.

EmmanuelRojas responds:

ohhh thas wird i dont herd the distorcion well nex time
i will tray harder thanks for the fedback *sorry my inglish